One of the most frustrating things for most drivers is the steady, upward creep of their car insurance rates. There are several reasons why this happens and some are more obvious than others. Consider these eight common factors for car insurance rate increases to see which ones have most likely resulted in your higher rates.
The most common reasons for increased car insurance rates are:
1. You Moved. If you changed your address, your rates are likely to go up, especially if you moved to a place where there are more incidents of accidents or stolen vehicles than the place you moved from. Moving from one state to another will impact your rates but they could go up or down.
2. Change in the Neighborhood. Even if you haven’t moved, if your neighbors are buying more expensive cars or hybrids that cost more to repair or replace, your rates are likely to go up. The same is true if there has been an uptick in car thefts or vehicle break-ins in your area.
3. Your Driving Record Changed. If you were involved in several accidents or accumulated a significant number of speeding tickets in a relatively short amount of time, your rates will increase. They will go even higher if you are convicted of driving under the influence or another significant charge.
4. Changing Your Policy. If you had a bundled policy that included your homeowners’ insurance and then dropped that portion of your policy, you are likely to see a rate increase for your car insurance. Your rates may also rise if you remove a car from the policy that had given you a multi-car discount.
5. Purchasing a New Car. A new car, even a new used car, is likely to be more expensive to replace than what you are currently driving. For this reason, the purchase of a new vehicle will likely increase your rates.
6. You Added People to the Policy. Adding drivers will increase your rates. Adding a new or teenage driver to your insurance will raise them even more.
7. Increase in Severe Weather. Scientists predict that we can expect more severe weather including the increase and severity of hurricanes and tropical storms. As the number of these incidents rise in your area, so will your car insurance rates.
8. Poor Economy. When the economy is poor, some insurance companies raise their rates to offset the cost of claims and keep themselves financially viable.
While you can’t change these factors, you don’t have to live with an out-of-control car insurance rate. At Alliance, we are experts in finding the best insurance for your needs and we represent the leading insurance companies in Florida. Simply fill in this form to get a free quote or call (866) 771-4715 to speak with one of our knowledgeable agents. Contact us today to get the car insurance you need at a price you can afford.
“I am happy in today’s world to be able to compliment someone, not everyone enjoys doing what they do as Lisa did. I am on disability, was in the insurance field years ago in the 70’s and then went into the medical field and finished as a clinical supervisor. I know what I expected of my staff and Lisa exceeded all expectations. We just found your site the other night but I can assure you as our needs come up for different things we WILL be calling ALLIANCE.”D. Clair – Florida
“Felicia was a wonderful agent and helpful at every time. I would highly recommend getting your insurance needs met here.”S. Miller – Jacksonville, FL
You were willing to take this bull by the horns and run with it when no one else was interested. You have no idea how HAPPY I am right now. I have been fighting this battle for over a month and you came through. You diffidently will be my first contact for any future insurance needs and I WILL refer my friends to you.”Dennis A. – Tampa
Alliance and Associates saved me hundreds on my Workers Comp, General Liability, Group Health and Commercial Auto and Insurance needs. Thanks Alliance. I will be recommending you to all my friends.Tory H. – Orlando
My Agent at Alliance and Associates shopped all the Auto and Home Insurance companies to see who gave me the best rate and plan. Alliance’s agents are knowledgeable and very polite. I will put all my insurance’s with Alliance. Thanks for the savings!”John H. – Jacksonville
Alliance and Associates is the place to shop for all your insurance needs. I packaged my home and auto together and saved over $300 a year. My agent shopped around and got me the best rate. I would recommend everyone to use Alliance and Associates for finding the best insurance rates.Mary S. – Tampa, FL
I just saved over $400 on my Homeowners Insurance Florida with Alliance and Associates. My agent was very helpful, got me discounts I did not even know about and shopped all the carriers to make sure I was getting the best deal. Thanks Alliance! I will recommend you to everyone.Joan P. – Orlando, FL
You all have access to the most companies and got us the best price on our coverage.Jay Johnston, Jacksonville, Fl